For many years IAD Press have very successfully used the imprint 'Jukurrpa Books' - Jukurrpa is a Warlpiri word meaning 'Dreaming', Story' or 'Law'.
The Institute for Aboriginal Development (IAD) is committed to the promotion of cultural authority and recognition, and as IAD and IAD Press are situated on the banks of the Todd River in the heart of Arrernte country, our Board and our Elders believe that appropriate recognition and deference be given to the people on whose land IAD stands on by changing the imprint to 'Angkitja Books' - Angkitja is the Eastern, Central and Western Arrernte word for "keeping information safe for the future". In this age when Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander languages and culture are so much under threat, it is appropriate to name our publishing label after a word that means keeping safe - keeping culture safe, keeping language safe. We all hope you will love our new range of products just as much as you have loved Jukurrpa. To our Warlpiri, Luritja, Pitjantjatjara and Yankunitjatjara friends - we thank you for allowing us to use your language for so many years on our products and we pay homage to your Elders both past and present who allowed us to do so.
Australia's most beautiful calendar is now available for ordering!!!
Designed and published in the heart of Australia, Alice Springs, by IAD Press - the publishing unit of the Institute for Aboriginal Development.
* 12 high quality glossy full-colour reproductions celebrating the country and culture of Central Australia
* National public holidays for Australia, United Kingdom, France, Germany and USA
* Annual seasons according to the Central Arrernte people of Mparntwe (Alice Springs)
* Enhanced contact page for the featured art centres
* Map locating the art centres overlaid with language areas of Central Australia