How to Solve the Telegraph Cryptic Crossword
Author(s): Telegraph Media Group Ltd
Have you always wondered how to do a cryptic crossword?
Solving one maybe easier than you think thanks to this book.
The Telegraph's Puzzle Editor, Chris Lancaster, shows how to crack cryptic crosswords in an easy-to-follow way.
This simple-to-use guide will help you solve any cryptic crossword, whether you're a complete beginner or a puzzler seeking to expand your knowledge. This book features:
- Explanations of the common clue devices, including double definitions, hidden clues, charades, subtractions, homophones and container-and-contents clues
- Work-throughs of practice crosswords
- Tips for spotting each variety of clue
- The top 10 solving tips you need to know
- Advice on reference materials and taking your puzzling to the next level
- Chris's top-12 solving tips
- Appendices of useful lists including single-letter abbreviations and a glossary of common 'crosswordese'
Whether you're a novice or an inveterate puzzle lover, this is the perfect crossword solving guide for all.
- : 9780600636632
- : Octopus Publishing Group
- : Hamlyn
- : 0.3
- : May 2020
- : ---length:- '19.8'width:- '12.6'units:- Centimeters
- : books
- : Telegraph Media Group Ltd
- : Paperback
- : 793.732
- : 240