The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vast and diverse state.
Tour a winery in Napa, hike to the waterfalls in Yosemite National Park or ride a classic cable car in San Francisco- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of California with this indispensable travel guide.
InsideDK Eyewitness Travel Guide California-
- Over 75 colour mapshelp you navigate with ease
- Simple layoutmakes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of California,designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplansshow the inside of icons such as the Getty Museum in Los Angeles and the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, and more
- Colour photographsof California's cities, valleys, deserts, forest, vineyards and national parks
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience- learn about history, festivals and traditions
- Detailed chapters, with area maps,cover Los Angeles; South Central California; Orange County; San Diego County; the Inland Empire and Low Desert; the Mojave Desert; San Francisco and the Bay Area; the North; Wine Country; Gold Country and the Central Valley; the High Sierras; and North Central California
- Essential travel tips-our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Californiais a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to California.