Explore imperial palaces, visit unique museums and stunning churches or stroll across the city's bridges- everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of St Petersburg with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide St Petersburg-
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a pull-out map of the city and transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layoutmakes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of St Petersburg, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplansshow the inside of St Isaac's Cathedral, the Hermitage, the Russian Museum, the Winter Palace and more
- Colour photographs of St Petersburg's palaces, bazaars, ornate architecture, churches and many more
- Historical and cultural contextgives you a richer travel experience- learn about Russia's political history, annual festivals, beliefs and traditions
- Detailed chapters, with area maps,cover Vasilevskiy Island, Petrogradskaya, Palace Embankment, Gostinyy Dvor, Sennaya Ploshchad and further afield
- Essential travel tips-our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus visa and health information, and a useful phrasebook
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide St Petersburgis a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Russia's cultural capital.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore more of Russia? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Russia.
About DK Eyewitness Travel-DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Experience the world with DK Travel.DK Travel's highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.